When it comes to cancer, every moment counts.
At South County Hospital, we save lives every day through early detection and timely, compassionate, excellent cancer care
– giving our patients back the moments that really matter.
Moments spent at recitals and Little League games, and taking care of families, and running small businesses. Moments spent teaching and coaching and caregiving and enriching our community in countless ways.
Moments that are not spent commuting for cancer care.
We’re planning big changes to ensure that our community will continue to have access to expert cancer care, close to home …in a new, interdisciplinary Community Cancer Center.
With the support of hundreds of generous people who have contributed to The Campaign for Cancer Care
at South County Hospital, we’re making our cancer care even better.
- We’re bringing next-generation mammography – breast tomosynthesis, or 3-D mammography – to our Hospital.
- A new infusion therapy center – illuminated by natural light and reflecting the state of the art in facility design – will welcome every patient who receives chemotherapy or other infusion treatment.
- Every patient will be embraced by an interdisciplinary team of physicians, nurse navigators, and other care team members, located in offices adjacent to the new infusion center – enhancing convenience, clinical collaboration, and innovation.
- Patients and family members will have quiet space for meditation and conversation, as well as Reiki and other complementary therapies.
- Essential improvements to our heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning (HVAC) system will ensure that our patients receive care in a comfortable, climate-controlled environment.
More than 700 South County residents are diagnosed with cancer every year.
| North Kingstown's Matt Callaghan faced cancer and found
his future. Read Matt's story. Pictured: Matt (center) with
his parents, Jeanne and John Callaghan.
The Campaign for Cancer Care at South County Hospital is for each of them. Please join us.
Your gift takes us one step closer to the future of cancer care at South County Hospital.
Every moment counts. Every gift counts.
For more information about making a gift to South County Hospital's Campaign for Cancer Care, call Claudia Swain at 401 788-1608 or send her a note at email@example.com.