Cancer Care at South County Hospital
401 783-6670, South County Oncology/Hematology
401 284-0850, South County Radiation Therapy
South County Hospital cancer care offers a wide range of cancer services, including chemotherapy, radiation therapy, and surgical treatments, delivered by Board Certified physicians focused on your recovery.
At South County Hospital, we understand the challenges posed by a diagnosis of cancer. Your treatment will be the focus of a multidisciplinary team of expert physicians and highly trained staff practicing the latest medical advances in cancer diagnosis, treatment, and follow-up care. Our cancer services are all located on the same campus, a convenience that will make a big difference to you during your treatment. And at your side every step of the way is your oncology nurse navigator.
- All of the medical professionals at South County Hospital remain current in the latest care techniques through participation in ongoing medical education programs, both nationally and regionally. Find out who's on your cancer care team.
- Accredited by the Commission on Cancer: considered to be the gold standard for cancer programs, accreditation by the CoC means patients can be assured they will receive high quality patient-centered care.
- Services: the latest in diagnostic imaging, chemotherapy and infusion therapy, surgical procedures, state-of-the-art radiation therapy, home care, wellness programs, and support groups. Whether the diagnosis is prostate cancer, thyroid cancer, breast cancer, colon cancer or another type of cancer, you'll find expert care close to home.
- Oncology Nurse Navigator: a personal care coordinator at your side every step of the way, from diagnosis through treatment
- Breast Health Program: access to expert breast health services in Rhode Island is essential. Having it in your backyard is a godsend. South County Hospital's Breast Health Program offers comprehensive breast cancer services, plus a personal care coordinator at your side.
- The 2015 Cancer Program Annual Report details South County Health's Cancer Care Program, including data about cancer diagnoses and treatments from South County Health's Cancer Registry. Find out what types of cancer were treated at South County Health, and much more.
- Consumer Reports ranked South County Hospital at the top in Rhode Island for excellence in surgical care.
- Oncology Rehab Program: rehabilitation for all cancer patients and survivors, whether at the beginning or end of treatment, and no matter if that treatment was recent or years ago.
- Radio Interview: Who gets cancer? What are the risk factors? What’s being done to fight cancer? Listen now to find out.
Listen to this 30-minute interview (Up Front with Phil Marlowe that aired on 98.1/Cat Country) with Gerald Colvin, DO, and Leah Arsenault, RN, oncology nurse navigator.
Breast Cancer Survivor Pam Matteson shares her journey battling cancer, and why she chose to get her care at South County Health.
For more information about cancer care at South County Hospital call South County Oncology/Hematology at 401 783-6670.