Our Wellness & Fitness Center
401 782-8020, ext. 3484, Cardiopulmonary Gym
At South County Hospital's state-of-the-art Wellness & Fitness Center you'll find highly trained exercise physiologists and respiratory therapists ready to create a custom-designed exercise plan for you. Our goal is to see everyone in southern Rhode Island reach optimal fitness and health.
The Wellness & Fitness Center at South County Hospital offers:
- A southern Rhode Island full-service gym with treadmills, rowing machines, steppers, bicycles, elliptical trainers, strength-training equipment, and more
- Primary prevention and wellness programs to address needs associated with high blood pressure, arthritis, diabetes, weight management and senior fitness
- Access to classes, programs and lectures on topics such as weight-loss management, diabetes management and prevention, and smoking cessation
- Medically-supervised rehabilitation programs for individuals with cardiac or pulmonary disease or for people recovering from surgery
- A professional staff dedicated to guiding and monitoring your progress
- A record of superior outcomes
Youth Fitness Program
Geared toward adolescents aged 11-15 who are presently overweight or obese or who at-risk of becoming overweight. The Youth Fitness Program offers exercise training in a small group setting. Two exercise technicians work with participants to introduce effective exercise techniques, such as strength training, training, agility ladders, circuit training, obstacle courses, and more. Sessions run every Tuesday and Thursday from 3:30-4:30 p.m in South County Hospital's Wellness & Fitness Center. Cost is $5 per session. Physician referral required. For more information, call the Wellness & Fitness Center at 401 782-8020 ext. 3484.
Hours of Operation
The Fitness Center is open from 6:30 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Your Health: Our Priority
If you would like to be alerted to existing and upcoming wellness and education programs, lectures and screenings, sign up for our monthly e-health newsletter by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.