The South County Health Center for Women's Health - Obstetrics & Gynecology gives southern Rhode Island women comprehensive women's healthcare close to home. We offer personalized care, using the latest technological advances and a holistic approach that focuses on the well-being of your body, mind, and spirit.
With offices throughout South County, our board-certified OB/GYN physicians and nurse midwives are dedicated to providing the very best medical care and guidance to women of all ages.
- HPV Vaccinations; contraceptive counseling; STI Testing
- Well visits; problem visits; menstrual disorders
- Preconception counseling on how to achieve optimal health before
getting pregnant and what you can do to enhance your chances of delivering a healthy baby.
- Obstetrics care during pregnancy, as well as delivery and post-partum care.
- Routine testing, such as early obstetric ultrasounds.
- Comprehensive childbirth education classes
Surgical Services including Minimally Invasive Surgery
- South County Hospital’s OB/GYN physicians conduct an infertility evaluation, including a history and a physical examination to determine your fertility options. Additional testing to further refine the diagnosis is often completed.
Aging with Grace
- Total Laparoscopic Hysterectomy; Incisionless Tubal Ligation; Incontinence Surgery
- Perimenopausal and Menopausal Care; Incontinence Treatment; Pelvic Prolapse Treatment; Bone Health
Breast Health Program
South County Hospital’s comprehensive Breast Health Program offers southern Rhode Island women digital mammography, board-certified radiologists, surgeons, and physicians, state-of-the-art radiation therapy, chemotherapy, reconstructive surgery, counseling, support, education—and a breast health coordinator, who facilitates your personalized care. For more information call 401-788-3850
Behavioral Health Services
For your convenience, consultations with the experts from the Hospital’s Behavioral Health Services are available within the Center for Women’s Health suite in Wakefield, Rhode Island one day a week. A wide range of services is offered, including diagnosis and treatment of postpartum depression. For more information, or to schedule an appointment, please call 401 788-1277.