Our Infection Prevention & Control Department
401 788-1658, Infection Prevention & Control
South County Hospital's Department of Infection Prevention & Control works to ensure the safety of our community and our patients.
- Annual risk assessment of potential infections
- Prevention efforts that include immunizations (flu, pneumonia, Tdap, HPV and Herpes Zoster vaccine, and others), prevention of surgical site infections, proper hand hygiene and coughing and sneezing etiquette.
- Control of staph bacteria Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus Aureus (MRSA)
- Surveillance of problematic situations
The Hospital's Infection Prevention & Control Department also offers community outreach education programs on the following:
- Influenza prevention and control: South County Health is a regional flu pandemic plan leader. In our pandemic plan, we offer a detailed outline of our response to an outbreak.
- Seasonal flu and pneumonia clinics
- Tdap vaccine for pregnant and postpartum women, as well as family members caring for the newborn. Contact our Resource Scheduling Department at 401 788-1486.
- Lyme disease and other tick-born illnesses, such as Babesiosis and Ehrlichiosis