Welcome to South County Hospital! We hope your visit to the hospital is pleasant and comfortable. Here is information on visiting, visitor protocols and hospital services for your benefit.
Visiting a Patient
South County Hospital embraces a philosophy of open and flexible visitation that welcomes and encourages the involvement of family and significant others in a patient's care. Visitors are welcome to visit at any hour, although we recommend limiting patients' visitors to two at a time. For the comfort of all our patients, we ask that visitors talk quietly and that children be in the care of an adult at all times.
If visiting a patient after 8:00 p.m., please use the Emergency Room entrance and you will be escorted to the correct location. All other entrances are locked at 8:00 p.m.
Visiting a Patient in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
Only immediate family members should visit a patient in the ICU and visits should be kept short to give your loved one as much rest and healing time as possible. Visitors are welcome to visit at any hour, except from 7:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. when daily rounds are held.
View the interior and exterior of our way-finding campus map. You can also pick up a copy at the volunteer desk in the main lobby.
Health and Well-being
Our patients' health and healing is our primary concern at South County Hospital. We ask you to help us in maintaining infection control by following these simple rules:
- Refrain from visiting when sick.
- Wash your hands or use our hand sanitizer before entering and leaving a patient's room.
- Avoid touching anything used to care for the patient
- Read and follow directions posted outside the patient's room.
Visitor Services at South County Hospital
We provide a variety of services for our visitors, including:
- Dining Services
- Coffee Shop, open 10am-3pm Monday through Friday, located on the first floor of the Hazard wing
- Gift Shop
- ATM Services (located on the first floor, Read Wing and in the emergency room waiting area) The hospital's main entrance at 100 Kenyon Avenue is clearly marked, as is the visitor parking area. For directions to the hospital or more information, call 401 782-8000.