Your Safety is Our Priority
To ensure your safety as well as that of other patients, we ask the following:
- Review safety protocols by viewing Channel 3 on your hospital television.
- Send valuables home with a family member.
- Use cell phones only in designated hospital areas, not patient rooms. Free local phone service is provided to patients.
- Use only the drugs prescribed by your physician and administered by the hospital staff. Patients are not allowed alcoholic beverages or recreational drugs in the hospital.
- Provide child safety restraints, as required by law, for children and infants leaving the hospital.
Your Feedback is Important
South County Hospital welcomes feedback from patients. We value your opinions and use them to evaluate the quality of our care. We routinely call or email our patients after discharge to survey their experiences.
If you experienced a problem while under our care, you may:
- Contact the hospital's Vice President of Patient Care, Anne Schmidt, at 401 788-1650. The hospital's complaint resolution policy is designed to facilitate a resolution in a timely manner and in keeping with our commitment to the rights and responsibilities of patients and staff.
- Complaints may also be directed to the office of the Chief Compliance Officer by email, firstname.lastname@example.org, by fax at 401 783-6330, or by phone, 401 788-1467.
- Contact The Joint Commission by mail at One Renaissance Boulevard, Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181 or by calling 800-994-6610, for unresolved issues.
Thank you for choosing South County Hospital for your care.