South County Health invites amateur photographers to submit photographs for its 2018 wall calendar.
The calendar will depict South County (Washington County) in all 4 seasons—Winter, Spring, Summer, and Fall—and will be printed in full color.
A total of 29 photographs will be selected to be featured in the calendar; two photos for each month, plus the calendar’s cover and back. The photographers whose work is chosen will be named in the calendar, and each will receive a prize. A reception will be held for all contest entrants, the winners, and their families when the calendar is published.
In addition to the 29 photographs selected for the calendar, all photographs will be posted for viewing for 30 days in a special album on South County Health’s website.
- Photos should capture a scene that portrays the essence of South County (Washington County). Outdoor scenes free of people are preferred.
- If there are any people in the scene, they should be in the distance or secondary to the overall photo but relevant to the setting. Some examples would be: a farmer working in a field; a miller in a grist mill; fishermen on the water’s edge; surfers, and so on.
- We are looking for photographs taken in winter, spring, summer, and fall, any where in South County (Washington County).
- All photographs must be digital and submitted as electronic attachments via e-mail.
- Photo files must be 1MB minimum.
- Send entries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Printed photographs cannot be accepted. Embedded photos cannot be accepted.
- Send only 1 photo per e-mail. You may enter up to 7 photos.
- The e-mail subject line must include the words Photo Contest with the season and location of photo (for example: Photo Contest, Fall, Pt. Judith Pond)
- All submissions must include: photographer's name, e-mail address, mailing address, and phone number.
- Each photo must be accompanied by a brief descriptive caption (including where and when the photograph was taken).
- You will receive a notification that your photos were received.
- Photographs from professional photographers cannot be accepted.
- All entries must be received by noon on September 5, 2017.
- Winners will be notified by e-mail, sometime during the month of October 2017.
Photos will be selected based on composition, color, originality, and overall quality.
Inspirational Quotations Guidelines & Rules:
- We are looking for quotations that are inspiring, enlightening, uplifting, thought-provoking, or humorous. Note: You do not have to submit photographs to submit quotations.
- All quotations must be submitted via e-mail to email@example.com.
- The subject line of your e-mail must state: Photo Contest, Inspirational Quotation.
- You may submit a maximum of 3 quotations.
- Every quotation must be attributed to a noted person (any quotation attributed to “anonymous” will not be considered). Frequently, that person is an author, or a world leader (a former president, for example), an athlete, a performer, a scientist, an artist, an ancient philosopher, and so on.
- The person to whom the quotation is attributed must also be briefly described (after the name, include the occupation, nationality, and when the person lived.) Example: “All great thoughts are conceived while walking.” –Friedrich Nietzsche, German philosopher, 1844 – 1900.
- You may submit all your inspirational quotations in one email (again, a maximum of 3 inspirational quotations per person will be accepted).
If you have any questions, please call 401 788-1173.