South County Health will resume cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation services including pulmonary function testing on Monday, June 8, 2020.
The new operating hours of the Cardiopulmonary Wellness & Fitness Center are 8 a.m.-5 p.m. from Monday through Friday.
The first group of patients to resume rehabilitation will be those who had their rehab interrupted by the COVID pandemic. Once we have resumed services for those patients, we will begin adding new patients.
To ensure patient safety and minimize unnecessary contact, maintenance and general wellness programs will remain on hold at this time and staff. To do so, we are taking a number of precautions including:
- Patients will be tested for COVID-19 before resuming or starting rehabilitation.
- Only four patients will be allowed in the gym at a time.
- The gym will be cleaned throughout the day following measures recommended by our Infection Prevention and Control Department.
- Patients will have individual appointments with an individual therapist to limit exposure and contact. These appointment times will be staggered to limit contact with others in the gym or those who are entering or exiting the building.
- Our gym equipment has been staged in such a way to maintain six feet of space.
The staff is excited to start working with rehab patients again and are looking forward to helping people improve their health.