South County Health Centennial 5K for Cancer Services
The Centennial 5K was held on Saturday, May 11, 2019 at South County Hospital and raised over $25,000 for Cancer Services!
We had a perfect day of weather and nearly 400 people registered to participate in the event! The fun included:
- Emcee Michaela Johnson of the Rhode Show
- Entertainment by Wakefield Concert Band
- Community partner table displays and activities from South Kingstown Partnership for Prevention and Choose Love Movement - SK
- Table display by Lead Sponsor, BankRI
- South County Dermatology with Dr. Robert Dyer with skin cancer literature and answered questions
- Integrative Therapies Tent offered massage and reiki treatments
- Visits with our SCH Therapy Dogs
- Post race Birthday celebration with cake and singing
Prizes were awarded to our Top Female and Male Runners and Top Fundraising Team, courtesy of:
Check out race results here.
Thank You To Our Centennial 5K Sponsors!
Exclusive Lead Sponsor
Community Hero Sponsors
Guardian Real Estate Services
South County Dermatology
Southern RI Newspapers
South Kingstown Partnership for Prevention
Dennis Moffitt Painting
Narragansett Rubbish Removal
United Parking Valet
Brickley's Ice Cream
Visit the Race registration site (registration is now closed)
The Centennial 5K supported Cancer Services at South County Hospital. Approximately 775 residents of Washington County are currently diagnosed with cancer every year. By 2020, that number is expected to increase to about 900 new cases annually. For every one of those people, and for their families, South County Hospital embraces people with cancer with information, support, and exemplary, interdisciplinary cancer care services. Our goal has always been to provide the most effective cancer treatments available without patients having to travel a great distance to get that treatment. We are driven to help cancer patients enjoy the highest quality of life possible throughout their journey.
By joining a team, registering to run or donating, you are saving lives and allowing our friends, family and neighbors to receive top quality care, close to home!