Dermatologists specialize in treating more than 3,000 conditions of the skin, hair, nails, and mucous membranes (e.g., lining inside the mouth, nose, and eyelids). They treat everything from minor skin rashes, like hives, to chronic skin diseases, such as eczema or psoriasis. Dermatologists can distinguish between conditions that share similar symptoms. The dermatologists on the medical staff at South County Health are also well versed in cosmetic dermatology procedures to help improve the appearance of skin as we age.
Treatments & Services
Below are a few of the many conditions the dermatologists on the medical staff at South County Health treat, as well as services offered.
- Acne and rosacea. One of the most common signs of rosacea, bumps, and pimples, is also one of the most common causes of confusion about the skin condition.
- Bumps and growths. There are a number of skin conditions that cause bumps and growths to appear on the surface or just below the skin.
- Color problems in your skin. Irregular areas in which there are changes in skin color are a common problem with a wide array of potential causes.
- Contagious skin diseases
- Dry/sweaty skin, such as Hyperhidrosis
- Eczema / dermatitis
- Hair and scalp problems. Many people have hair or scalp problems. Their hair may be thinning or falling out, break off, or grow slowly. Dandruff or an itching or peeling scalp may cause discomfort.
- Itchy skin
- Painful skin/joints, such as Hidradenitis suppurativa, Pemphigus, Psoriatic arthritis, Scleroderma
- Rashes such as Cellulitis, diaper rash, Lichen planus
- Scaly skin such as Actinic keratosis, Psoriasis, Seborrheic dermatitis
- Skin cancer
To learn more about dermatology or specific conditions, please visit www.southcountyriderm.com/education