South County Hospital has been named a 2017 Pinnacle of Excellence Award® winner by Press Ganey. The Press Ganey Pinnacle of Excellence Award recognizes top-performing clients from health care organizations nationwide on the basis of extraordinary achievement and consistently high levels of excellence for at least three years in Patient Experience.
According to Lou Giancola, president and CEO of South County Health, the award represents an important recognition from the industry’s leader in measuring, understanding and improving the patient experience.
“At South County Hospital, the patient is at the center of all that we do,” said Giancola. “This culture permeates through every stage of care throughout the Hospital. From lab work, to general surgery, our patients are treated with the same level of compassion, quality and expertise each day.”
A multitude of initiatives that South County Hospital has implemented in its inpatient care model have contributed to the achievement of this award. This is directly illustrated by other recognitions that the Hospital has received as a direct result of dedicated and hardworking staff members that include:
- An A in patient safety every year since 2012 from The Leapfrog Group in part due to vigorous implementation of High Reliability Organization (HRO) practices
- A double-5 star in patient experience and hospital quality from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid, an honor achieved by only 19 hospitals nationwide
- A recipient of The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval for compliance with national standards for healthcare quality and safety in a disease-specific care
- The Orthopedic Center and stroke program are accredited by The Joint Commission
- Designation for Nurses Improving Care for Health system Elders (NICHE)
- A Women’s Choice Award Best Hospital in America for Obstetrics every year since 2015 and Stroke Care in 2017
About Press Ganey
Press Ganey is a leading provider of patient experience measurement, performance analytics and strategic advisory solutions for health care organizations across the continuum of care. With more than 30 years of experience, Press Ganey is recognized as a pioneer and thought leader in patient experience measurement and performance improvement solutions. Our mission is to help health care organizations reduce patient and caregiver suffering while improving the safety, quality and experience of care. For more information, visit www.pressganey.com.