Hospital Visiting Hours
7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
General Visitation Guidelines
- All visitors will continue to be screened and badged upon entry and should not visit if they are symptomatic.
- One visitor may spend the night if the visitor is > 18 years of age.
- Visitors staying overnight must be able to independently care for themselves.
- Patients receiving end of life care may have visitors 24 hours a day.
- Visitors are welcome to dine in the Hospital cafeteria and relax in common areas.
Visitation Guidelines for COVID-19 positive patients at South County Hospital
- One visitor will be allowed at a time.
- Visitor will be educated on the risk of exposure, importance of hand hygiene and wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Visitor of COVID-19 positive patient will limit movement within the facility to only the patient’s room (i.e. should not visit the cafeteria or other patients).
- Alternatives to visitation, such as video calls, are available.
Masking is optional for patients and staff within our facilities. South County Health’s Infection Prevention and Control team will continue to monitor the prevalence of COVID-19 and all respiratory viruses in the community and adjust this guideline as necessary to protect our staff, patients, and visitors.