On March 29, 2022, the Radiation Therapy facility at 142 Kenyon Avenue reopened under the new ownership of South County Health after months of renovations and technology upgrades.
The acquisition and upgrades are part of South County Health’s strategic plan to make access to high quality healthcare readily available to patients.
Among the improvements South County Health made to the radiation therapy department was the installation of a new, state-of-the-art Varian TrueBeam Linear Accelerator.
This technology upgrade improves the precision of radiation delivery that targets the tumor while minimizing damage to healthy tissue that surrounds the cancerous area.
South County Health is one of only five radiation therapy facilities in Rhode Island, making this form of treatment available to patients in southern Rhode Island.
Medical technology and compassionate care
The Varian TrueBeam Linear Accelerator complements the 3- and 4-D technology, and advanced imaging capabilities offered that promotes optimal tumor management.
As part of the cancer care team, Radiation Oncologist Charu Sharma, MD (pictured) works in concert with the team of hematologists/oncologists at South County Hospital's Cancer Center, as well as other specialists who understand the unique needs of each patient.
South County Health Radiation Therapy provides services to patients of South County Health and patients referred from other providers.
- Individualized and compassionate patient care
- Coordinated care with South County Hospital Medical Oncology and referral providers
- Comprehensive Multidisciplinary Care
- Oncology Trained Nursing
- Nutritional Services
- Social Services
- Transportation Services (Call 401-788-1178 for schedule and availability.)
Our recently renovated and upgraded facility offers:
- A new radiation vault to house a state-of-the-art Linear Accelerator
- A redesigned control room for the CT scan technology
- New heating, ventilation, air conditioning system (HVAC) to ensure climate control for patient comfort and cleanliness of the air
- Our innovative technologies offer advanced imaging options, precision radiation targeting, and tumor motion management
- Varian “TrueBeam” Linear Accelerator
- GE “Optima” 16 slice CT Simulator
- 3-D Conformal Radiation Therapy (3D-CRT)
- Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT)
- Image-Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT)
- Volumetric Modulated Arc Therapy (VMAT)
- 4D-CT simulations
- Deep Inspiration Breath Hold (DIBH)
- Stereotactic ablative radiotherapy (SABR)
Learn more about the Cancer Center and its services >
South County Health Radiation Therapy Department
142 Kenyon Avenue (on Hospital campus)